Whenever you have a boyfriend/girlfriend and the relationship is getting serious, it means that it is time to meet your date's parents. Many find that difficult to do, wondering whether their potential parents-in-law will like them or not. But it really is not that difficult to meet your date's parents. Follow these steps and they will love you:
1. The First Impression - is the one that stays. It is really important that you look very nice in your first meeting with your date's parents. Put on nice clothes and a nice fragrance to make a good impression.
2. Buy Your Date's Mother Flowers - It is old-fashioned, but it always works! Bringing some flowers to her can score you some points with him/her.
(I prefer to give scarf, brooch rather that flowers >.<)
3. Remember Table Manners - You are probably going to eat lunch or dinner with them. It is great if you watch your table manners. Potential parents-in-law always look at these kinds of things: at lunch/dinner, you should not eat too much or too little, and you should remember to use your manners at all times.
4. After the Meal, Offer to Help with the Dishes - It is good to show you are helpful. Watch out so you don't break anything. If that happens, you should apologize and offer to pay for the broken piece.
5. When Leaving, Say Goodbye in a Not-So-Informal Way - It is nice to shake hands with the parents and give the mother a kiss on the cheeks.
Remember to be yourself in the first place. Don't be afraid of meeting his/her parents! It is a little scary at first but just be cool and remember how much you like your boyfriend/girlfriend, because meeting his/her parents means you are going to the next level. meeting your date's parents will definitely give you butterflies in the stomach but the butterflies are worth it!
Good Luck! ^.^
Source from Google